Sunday, October 28, 2012

Toddler Talk

A little person here has a cold, and sometimes her way of expressing herself just cracks me up, the words seem so funny on such a small person.

Me: "Honey, are you feeling okay?"

M: "Yeah, I'm a little bit tired, but I'm okay.  I'm okay, just a little bit groggy.  Yeah, just a little bit groggy, but I'll be okay.  Actually, I feel just terrible.  I'm a little bit sleepy and I feel just terrible."

*******

G: "Mom, Maisie said 'stupid milk' and we're not allowed to say the stupid word."

Me:  "Maisie, what's the rule about calling people or things stupid?"

M: "Okay, how about 'lovely'... Lovely milk, lovely Mommy?"

10 minutes later

G: "Mom, she just called me stupid."

M: "Lovely, Geneva! Lovely, Geneva! Lovely, Geneva!"

2 comments:

Stephen said...

These kids are hilarious. Love the pictures!

illustrateth said...

Hope you guys are doing o.k.!?
-Sharon