Monday, February 8, 2010

Introvert + Introvert = Extrovert?!

On the elevator with dad and a young boy who lives in the building, Geneva turns to the boy:

"I live on the 6 floor... I'm two-and-a-half... my name is eneva... my last name is Mollman."

The boy gets off on his floor and says goodnight. When Geneva comes in she recounts the exchange and says:

"That boy was shy at me, Mom. Why was he shy at me?"

4 comments:

Cindy Del Vecchio said...

That child is hysterical. I can't wait to see her!

Anna said...

Ha. So funny. Claire seems to be an extrovert - she definitely doesn't take after me!

Stephen said...

This little girl keeps us laughing. Geneva, you are something else!!

RB said...

So many wonderful things going on in this story... Her sense of identity marked by space and name, her awareness of the boy's reticence to engage with her, her lovely turn of phrase ("shy at me"), etc...

But more than anything I'm struck again by the notion of what happens to Geneva (and all children of this blog generation) when she reads about herself. I wish I had this many anecdotes about my young life... But what affect will it have on identity construction to know so much about your young self....

Ok... It's late. In short-- I miss Lil'G, and it's great to keep up with her via this blog. Thanks Christel.